Mr. Tom is a member of the firm’s litigation group. Born and raised in Southern California, Mr. Tom devotes his practice to the many and varied issues surrounding California businesses. Mr. Tom has long-standing roots in the Greater Los Angeles Area and has striven to understand and protect the interests of this area’s business environment. Following his passion after completion of his legal degree, Mr. Tom immediately pursued advising California businesses regarding all manner of issues that affect operations in this complex environment. Such items routinely involve employment disputes, intellectual property disputes, partnership disputes, and contract litigation.
Mr. Tom joined the predecessor to Chang & Coté in February 1999 and became a partner in February 2003. Mr. Tom prides himself in offering client-driven and cost-effective litigation solutions to the firm’s clients.
Areas of Emphasis
- Employment Discrimination and Termination
- Collection Negotiation/Litigation/Defense
- Shareholder/Partner Disputes
- Copyright, Trademark, and Patent Infringement Litigation
- Contract Negotiation and Litigation
- General Litigation
- Southwestern University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of California at Riverside (B.A., History)
- Admitted to Practice Before all Courts of the State of California and The United States District Courts for the Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, San Gabriel Valley Chamber of Commerce